BEST Simulink Design Award
The BEST Simulink Design Award is open to all teams participating in the competition. The award will be presented to one team in each of the 4 BEST regions (Northern Plains, Frontier Trails, Souths, Texas) that best applies the Simulink Support Package for VEX based on the judging criteria and robot performance in the competition.
What you need to compete for the award:
- BEST Simulink model
- OPTIONAL Short youtube video describing your program
- Short description of your Simulink model (256 characters max)
Additional information you need when you make your submission:
- The full name of your school
- Name of BEST Hub you participate in
- Name of a team point of contact
- Valid email address for the team contact
- Total number of students on your team
- The 2016 PASSCODE (get this from your teacher or hub)
Submit your entry here before the indicated deadline:
November 25th 2016, 11PM EST - Texas BEST
November 25th 2016, 11PM EST - Frontier Trails BEST
November 25th 2016, 11PM EST - Northern Plains BEST
November 25th 2016, 11PM EST - South's BEST
P.S. Don't wait until the deadline to make your submission!!
The winning teams will be awarded all of the following:
- $1500 cash prize for the winning team.
- Plaque/trophy titled BEST Simulink Design Award - by MathWorks
- a MathWorks cap for each team member
More About Simulink
MathWorks is the leading developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists in the world. The company equips BEST teams with software, training, and mentoring to tackle the same technical issues as professional engineers. Industry-standard MATLAB® and Simulink® provide a flexible design environment where BEST students can apply classroom theory to solve problems encountered in designing their robots.